Fix Printer Errors with HP Print and Scan Doctor
Download HP Print and Scan Doctor to resolve HP printing, scanning, and hp printer connection issues.HP Print and Scan Doctor 5.0 is compatible with almost all windows operating system (window 7, 8 and window 10).
If you have window vista or window xp then it is possible to get a message display, directing you to download version 4.9, which is similar.
When this link is clicked, HP Print and Scan Doctor is downloaded to your computer using your Internet browser. The file is not more the 10MB in size. After you downloaded, install it. Then HP Print and Scan Doctor opens.
How to Use HP Print and Scan Doctor?
Follow these simple steps to use hp print and scan doctor.
1. In your hp print and scan doctor welcome screen Click on Start.
2. Check if your printer is listed or not. If not listed, make sure the hp printer is turned on and connected, and click My product is not listed, and then click Retry.
3. Now Select your hp printer, and then click Next.
4. If a printer and PC connection problem is detected, click the method being used to connect the printer, follow the instructions on the hp print and scan doctor screen, and then click Retry.
5. Depending on your issue, click either Fix Printing or Fix Scanning.
Fix hp printer errors using the HP Print and Scan Doctor.
Use HP Print and Scan Doctor to check the status of the hp printer spooler, print queue, PC device manager, and PC or device conflicts.
1. In your PC’s desktop, double-click the HP Print and Scan Doctor icon to open the tool.
2. Now Click Start on the Welcome screen.
3. Select your hp printer, and then click Next.The Finding and Fixing Problems screen displays.
4. Now Click on Fix Printing.
5. In the HP Print and Scan Doctor results screen, view the list of actionable results.
6. If you see white check-marks, the hp printer passed the tests. Click Test Print or click Skip.
7. If you see a white wrench, Print and Scan Doctor found an issue and repaired it. Click Test Print or click Skip.
8. If you see yellow exclamation points, the test failed and required user action, but the step was skipped. Click Test Print or click Skip. If you see a red X, follow the on-screen instructions to resolve the issue.