HP envy Printer is Offline (Windows)
This document is for HP envy 4520 Support for computer with Windows.
A status message of printer offline displays on the computer or laptop, and the envy printer does not print.
An printer Offline status indicates that the pc or laptop is not able to communicate with the envy printer.
In some network conditions the envy printer might go offline unexpectedly.
Set HP envy 4520 Printer as default printer and Unpause Printing
The default hp envy print driver might have changed from the hp driver you installed to another driver, such as a Web Services for Devices (WSD) driver with a very similar name.
Change the default print driver to your originally installed hp driver and confirm the hp envy 4520 printer is not set for offline use.
Click the link to Watch the video to Check the Printer Status.
After following the steps in the video. Now Try to print.
1. If you can print, the printer is online again. Continue to the next step if the printer goes offline again when printing later.
2. If the printer cannot print and remains offline or goes offline intermittently, continue to the next step.
Reset the hp envy printer and check the connection status
Resetting the envy 4520 printer can help restore a connection to the computer.
1. If the printer is off, turn on the printer, and then check the status of the printer.
- If the printer starts printing jobs from the print queue, your printer is clearing out queued print jobs and is online. You can stop troubleshooting.
- If the printer goes to an idle state after its startup routine, it might be online.
- If the computer still shows the printer as offline, continue using these steps.
2.Turned Off the envy 4520 printer by disconnecting the power cord from the printer.
3. You have to Unplug the printer power cord from the wall outlet.
4. Now Wait for at least 60 seconds then Restart the computer while you are waiting.
5. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
6. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
7. If the printer does not turn on by itself, press the Power button to turn it on.
8. Make sure the hp envy 4520 printer is connected to the computer or the wireless network.
- HP Envy 4520 Wireless network connection: On the printer, open the Wireless network or Settings menu to make sure the wireless signal is turned on. Make sure the light next to the Wireless icon is on and steady.
- HP Envy Wired network connection: Make sure the cable is connected to the printer Ethernet port and to an available port on the router. The green link light should be steady, and the orange activity light should blink.
- USB connection: Make sure the cable is securely connected to the printer and to a working USB port on the computer.
Now try to Print Something. If the printer cannot print and remains offline, Connect with out live support for further HP envy Technical Support.