HP Photosmart Support and Troubleshooting
HP Photosmart Printer not Printing? Here are the steps to follow. Make sure that your HP Photosmart is set as the default printer.
To do this:
• On the Windows taskbar, click Start.
• Then click Control Panel.
• Then open:
• Devices and Printers (Windows 7)
• Printers (Vista)
• Printers and Faxes (XP)
Look for your printer to see if it has a check mark in a circle next to it. If not, right-click the printer icon and choose “Set as default printer” from the menu. If you still can’t print, or if the Windows software installation failed:
1. Remove the CD from your computer’s CD drive, and then disconnect the printer from the computer.
2. Restart the computer.
3. Temporarily disable any software firewall and close any anti-virus software.
4. Insert the printer software CD into the computer CD drive, then follow the onscreen instructions to install the
printer software. Do not connect the USB cable until you are told to do so.
5. After the installation finishes, restart the computer and any security software you disabled or closed.
HP Photosmart Printer Troubleshooting
If you are unable to print, uninstall and reinstall the software.
The uninstaller removes all the HP software components that are specific to this HP Photosmart. It does not remove any components that are shared by other printers or programs.
To uninstall the software:
1. Disconnect the printer from your computer.
2. Open the Applications: Hewlett-Packard folder.
3. Double-click HP Uninstaller. Follow the onscreen instructions.
To install the software:
1. Insert the CD into your computer’s CD drive.
2. On the desktop, open the CD, then double-click HP Installer.
3. Follow the onscreen instructions.
Still Need Help?
For Instant help Connect with our live chat Support or Give us a call for HP Photosmart printer support and help.