Here are some things to try to get your printer back online.
- Check to make sure the printer is turned on and connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your PC. Your printer’s built-in menu should show which network it’s connected to, or check your printer’s manual for more info.
- Verify that your printer is not in Use Printer Offline mode. Select Start > Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners. Then select your printer > Open queue. Under Printer, make sure Use Printer Offline is not selected.
Printer says offline?
Sometimes power cycling your printer can resolve the issue. Turn off your printer and unplug it, wait 30 seconds, plug your printer back in, and then turn the printer back on.
Check the cables (for wired printers). Make sure that the printer’s USB cable is properly connected from the printer to your PC.
Check the wireless connection (for wireless printers). Do one of the following:
- Make sure the printer’s wireless option is turned on and available. Many printers have a button that displays a blue wireless icon when a wireless connection option for the printer is available. To learn where this button is located on your printer and to find instructions about how to turn it on, see the instructions that came with the printer or check the manufacturer’s website for instructions.
- Run the printer’s wireless connectivity test. Many printers have a menu option to test the printer’s wireless connectivity. Read the instructions that came with the printer or check the printer manufacturer’s website for instructions about how to do this.
- If that checkout and you’re still having problems, your PC may not be connecting to your wireless network.
Why is the printer Offline?
Most printers require the latest driver to work well. You need to install latest drivers for your printer. If your printer still doesn’t work after you install the latest driver for your printer, continue to next step5.
Download and run the printing troubleshooter. It can fix problems with installing and connecting to a printer. (This link should open a browser page and download dialog. Select Open, and follow the steps provided in the troubleshooter.)
If the printing troubleshooter link doesn’t open the troubleshooter, in the search box on the taskbar, enter Printing problem in, select Printing problem in in the list of results, and then select Troubleshooter to download it. Select Open, and follow the steps provided in the troubleshooter.
If your printer still doesn’t work, Contact for Printer help.